High Volume Production/Clustering Applications
SuperPro6100, SuperPro611S and SuperPro7500 are programmers with dual functionality: universal programmer for engineering applications as well as a manufacturing programmer for volume production. For production operation, aforesaid SuperPro programmers operate in stand-alone (without a PC attached) mode. SuperPro6100 supports devices including EPROM, EEPROM and Flash memory, PIC, AVR and other popular microcontrollers and PLDs.
|By operating multiple programmers simultaneously, SuperPro Programmers can be used in a high volume production environment.|
How to operate Stand-Alone mode for production operation?
In Stand-alone mode, the programmer is no longer connected to a PC and operation is done through the keyboard and LCD display built into the programmer.
In Stand-Alone mode operation, an optional Compact Flash (CF) card needs to be plugged into the programmer in order to store project files and device programming algorithms.
Project files contains user data, chip programming setup information, chip configuration data, auto programming command sequence, and etc. In order to operate in stand-alone mode, the programmer has to be connected to a PC. Then the device algorithm(s) have to be selected and transferred to the programmer and project file(s) created and transferred to the programmer.
In order to create and transfer project file(s), run Programmer in PC-host mode and execute the operations that you want to perform in stand-alone mode. Save the project to your hard drive and transfer the project file to the CF card. You can do this by using "Save Project" and "StandAlone" options under "Project" menu.
Users can complete all the batch commands by selecting the particular project file for the chip to be programmed prior to inserting the chip. After the project file is set, the operator is to swap the chips for production mode programming. No other keystroke are needed as long as the same algorithm and data are used. Downloading the project file to CF card can only be done under PC-host mode. Doing this is to simplify the operation under stand-alone mode and to avoid errors caused by potential operations mishandled. The CF card is used for storing project file and is also used as data buffer. One CF card can store multiple project files according to its capacity and the size of the files.
After turning on the unit for the first time, the unit will initialize itself by a power on check. One of the steps the unit will check is to see if a compact flash (CF) card is present and plugged in for operation. The user must make sure a CF card is properly plugged in before the power on. Without the presence of a CF card in the slot, the display will show “CF Card Error” right after initializing of the unit and the ERROR indicator light will be lit. To remedy the problem power the unit off and plug in the CF card, and then turn the power back on. The recommended CF card capacity is 128MB minimum. Can be 512 MB.
Benefits of SuperPro Programmer programming methods:
1. Asynchronous programming, or concurrent programming, is more efficient than the synchronous programming of traditional gang programmers. There is a minimum downtime and the operator is also busy removing and inserting chips. In the traditional gang programmer, the operator is idle while the chips are being programmed and the programmer is idle while the chips are being removed and new chips inserted. Therefore, you can easily do the job of an 8-gang programmer with 4 of Superpro6100 programmers. Hence the lower cost to the user.
2. Using Superpro 6100 stand-alone mode. You can start with one unit and add more units as the need grows. No need to spend $10,000 for an 8-gang or 16-gang programmer from the beginning. Hence the low start-up cost.
3. Service is easy. If a unit breaks down, the rest of the system is still running while having the defective unit serviced. You cannot do this with other gang programmers.
4. SuperPro 6100, SuperPro 611S and SuperPro 7500 are high performance universal programmers supporting up to devices and growing We add new devices at a rate of more than 1,000 devices every other month and new updates are released twice per month. We also manufacture a diverse range of socket adapters for the SuperPro Programmers including very large socket adapters. Most gang programmers have limited devices supported and most of them are geared toward programming EPROMs and Flash devices. Their ability to add new devices is nonexistent or severely limited. It also takes gang programmers a very long time for a device update and even then the cost of a gang programmer could be high.
5. Very large socket adapters are supported (Such as BGA 256, PLCC84, TQFP160, etc). Most gang programmers are designed with narrow spacing between sockets.
6. SuperPro Programmers are ultra fast programmers with built in RISC 32Bit MCU. SuperPro 6100 programs 1 Gb NAND Flash in 108 seconds. It is faster than most gang programmers. Using Clustered SuperPro Single-Socket Programmers, an operator can program more chips in a day compared to using a traditional gang programmer.
7. SuperPro Programmers can be operated by an inexperienced operator with minimal training. A project file contains all set-up and user data necessary to program a chip. There is minimal chance that an operator will make a mistake. Once the project file is selected the operator only has to insert a blank chip and remove the programmed chip upon beeping.
8. Data security is maintained by removing the Compact Flash card at the end of each operation from the programmer. If security is a concern for your manufacturing line, you may simply remove the CF card at the end of each operation day. Xeltek provides the safest application in the device programming industry.
In summary, by using Clustered SuperPro Programmers in production mode, the benefits are,
1. Ultra-Fast programming.
2. Minimal investment in the beginning.
3. Low cost of ownership and easy expandability.
4. Up to 95,000+ devices supported, highest among the gang programmers.
5. All ranges of socket adapters available. Over 1000 socket adapters are available.
6. Minimal downtime and ease of service.
7. Fast new device update service free of charge.
8. Low labor cost of the operator.
9. Secure customer data protection.
Use one Superpro 7500 Programmers, and it becomes Stand-Alone Universal Programmer which can program 4chips at a time.
Use SuperPro 611S which available both PC mode for engineering and Stand-alone mode for production.
Add two Stand-Alone Universal 2-Gang Programmers, and it becomes Stand-Alone Universal 4-Gang Programmer. You can program 4 devices at a time in high-speed.
Check out our Socket Adapter page to find out the prices of the socket adapters for your device.